B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) JMI CDOL – 2 Years
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is a professional course which develops the teaching skills in the learners and grooms their The B.Ed. (Distance Mode) programme offered by the DIRD, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi has been designed for working teachers, keeping in mind the job requirement of the school teachers. The B.Ed programme is duly recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) vide their Letter No: F.NRCNCTE/DH-180/5621 dated 9/11/2003. As per the NCTE approval, 500 in-service teachers will be admitted to the B.Ed (Distance Mode) programme.
The broad objectives of this programme, both theory and practical are:-
- To develop skills required in selecting, organizing and transmitting learning experiences.
- To systematize experiences and strengthen their professional competencies.
- To acquire knowledge and develop understanding of various methods and approaches of organizing the learning experiences of secondary and senior / higher secondaryschool students.
- To understand the nature of the learner and of the learning process.
- To develop skills involved in dealing with academic and personal problems of the learners.
- To acquire knowledge and develop understanding about various procedures and techniques of evaluation and their classroom applications.
- To develop skills involved in selecting, developing and using evaluation tools.
- To acquire knowledge and develop understanding about various aspects of school management.
- To develop competencies for organizing various instructional and student-support activities.
- To develop an appreciation of the role of the teacher in the prevailing socio-cultural and political context, in general and the educational system in particular.